Blackstone's Police Operational Handbook 2014 : Law- The only portable, succinct law reference for police officers on the beat
- Covers over 100 different offences in the areas of general crime, assaults, drugs, sexual offences, public disorder, firearms, licensing and road traffic
- Written and endorsed by the Police National Legal Database (PNLD) - the officially endorsed online legal information service for police forces in England and Wales
- Fully updated to cover all recent changes in legislation, including the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012, the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, the Terrorism Act 2000, and the Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims (Amendment) Act 2012, as well as PACE Codes A, C, G, and H
- Clearly lays out all the legislation you need on patrol along with points to prove, powers of arrest, related cases, and practical considerations
- Useful appendices at the back of the book contain religious dates and events, traffic data, a firearms ages chart, and handy contact and web addresses
Blackstone's Police Operational Handbook 2014 is designed specifically to meet the reference needs of officers while out on patrol. Written in a concise and accessible style, it covers a wide range of common offences and clearly explains and interprets the relevant legislation. Using clear and consistent presentation throughout, each chapter offers you a definition of the offence, the points to prove, and a clear system of icons covering police powers and mode of trial. At a glance, you can access everything you need to make a quick, informed decision in a host of everyday policing situations.
The eighth edition of this highly regarded and successful Handbook is fully updated to include all recent legislative developments and further changes to the law, including: the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012, the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, the Terrorism Act 2000, and the Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims (Amendment) Act 2012. The book also includes information on the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011, the Education Act 2011, changes to PACE Codes A, C, G and H, and new HO/MOJ Circulars guidance.
Whatever your role - police patrol officer, supervisor, student police officer, PCSO or Special Constable - this is an invaluable tool for operational personnel.
Readership: All patrol officers, special constables, Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs), and student police officers. Also of interest to police studies students, criminal justice practitioners, police trainers, and other criminal justice and law enforcement bodies such as the CPS, SOCA, SFO, Home Office and MOD.
Brand Oxford Category Police Guides Weight 0.20 KG Product Number 9780199681860
ReviewsWrite your reviewDelivery Information
In Stock orders placed before 15:00 online, or 14:30 over the phone, Monday-Friday will be dispatched same day. Please choose "Priority" delivery at the checkout for guaranteed next working day delivery or "Standard" for less urgent deliveries. Click for more details.UK Mainland Standard
Under £20 - Royal Mail 48 Tracked £2.99 £20 and over - Royal Mail 48 Tracked £5.99 £60 and over - Royal Mail 48 Tracked £0.00 Next Working Day £7.49 £60 and over - Next Working Day £4.99
If you're not completely happy with your purchase, we'll give you a refund or replacement. Click for more details.