Multi-Stage Fitness Bleep Test (Police Entrance)
WE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH THE GENUINE BLEEP TEST AUDIO CD THAT HAS BEEN DEVELOPED BY THE NATIONAL COACHING FOUNDATION!
The bleep test, also known as the beep test, multi-stage fitness test, or shuttle run test, is used by sports coaches and trainers to estimate an athlete's maximum oxygen uptake better known as VO2 Max. The bleep test is especially useful for those people who are applying for either the Emergency Services or the Armed Forces. It is also highly suited to players of sports like football, hockey, or rugby.
The bleep test involves running continuously between two points that are 20 metres apart (also found in 15 metres). These runs are synchronised with a pre-recorded audio tape, CD or laptop which plays bleeps at set intervals. As the bleep test proceeds, the interval between each successive bleep reduces, forcing the athlete to increase velocity over the course of the bleep test, until it is impossible to keep in sync with the recording.
ABOUT THE TEST
The recording is typically structured into 21 'levels' on the CD verison and 18 'levels' on the cassette version, each of which lasts 60 seconds. The interval of the bleeps is calculated so that a speed of 8.5 km/h is required at the start of the test, which increases by 0.5 km/h with each level. The progression from one level to the next is signalled by 3 rapid bleeps. The highest level attained before failing to keep up is recorded as the score for that test. The procedure is designed to measure the maximum endurance of an individual. Therefore, it should not be used for those of low fitness levels.
This test is now used by the following services as a tool for measuring a potential candidates ability for the job prior to entry
- UK Police Forces (both Police Officer selection and PCSO)
- The UK Fire Service (selected services only)
- The Army
- The Royal Marines
- The Prison Service
In addition to this the bleep test is a fantastic tool for measuring your own fitness and it will help you to stay in great shape all year round.
THE BLEEP TEST / MULTI STAGE FITNESS TEST AUDIO CD!
MAIN PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Genuine product.
- Comes complete with progression chart.
- High impact resistance case.
- Chart, graph and instructions so that you can monitor your performance.
HOW TO CONDUCT THE TEST
The test involves continuous running between two lines 20m or 15 m apart in time to recorded bleeps. The time between recorded bleeps decrease each minute (level). There are several versions of the test, but one commonly used version has an initial running velocity of 8.5 km/hr, which increases by 0.5 km/hr each minute.
First of all to undertake the bleep test you need the following:
- A flat, non slippery surface at least 20 meters in length
- Marking cones
- Pre-recorded audio CD (Download the Beep Test)
- CD Player or Laptop
Measure out a 15 or 20 metres section and mark each end with a marker cone.
The athlete/candidate carries out a warm up program of jogging and stretching exercises.
The test is conducted
Rules of the test
- The athlete must place one foot on or beyond the 15 or 20m marker at the end of each shuttle.
- If the athlete arrives at the end of a shuttle before the beep, the athlete must wait for the bleep and then resume running.
- The athlete keeps running for as long as possible until he/she can longer keep up with the speed set by the tape or CD at which point they should voluntarily withdraw.
- If the athlete fails to reach the end of the shuttle before the beep they should be allowed 2 or 3 further shuttles to attempt to regain the required pace before being withdrawn.
- Record the level and number of shuttles completed at that level by the athlete.
- At the end of the test the athletes conduct a warm down program, including stretching exercises.
Brand How to Become Category Joining the Police Weight 0.12 KG Product Number H2BBLEEPTEST
ReviewsWrite your reviewDelivery Information
In Stock orders placed before 15:00 online, or 14:30 over the phone, Monday-Friday will be dispatched same day. Please choose "Priority" shipping at the checkout for guaranteed next working day delivery or "Standard" for less urgent deliveries. Click for more details.UK Mainland Standard
Under £25 - Royal Mail 48 £2.99 £25 and over - Royal Mail 48 Tracked £5.99 Next Working Day £6.99
If you're not completely happy with your purchase, we'll give you a refund or replacement. Click for more details.