Airsoft Gear Review
Airsoft is becoming an increasingly popular sport, in which the idea is that participants eliminate opponents by hitting each other with spherical non-metallic pellets launched via replica firearms called Airsoft guns, whilst kitted out in Airsoft gear.
Airsoft Gear & History
Airsoft originated in Japan, before spreading to Hong Kong and China in the late 70s.
Gameplay varies vastly in style and set up but often range from short-term skirmishes, organized scenarios, close combat, field, military simulations (MilSim), to historical re-enactments and indoor airsoft fields. Simulated situations in the field may involve the use of military tactics to achieve objectives set in each game. Participants often simulate real-life situations as carried out by modern military and police organizations.
Airsoft gear, equipment and clothing as used in Airsoft is available in the UK with fast shipping and low prices is available from PatrolStore from such brands as Viper, Webtex, Blackhawk and all the leading tactical brands popular with Airsoft players.
Airsoft gear can vary in price, quality and effectiveness depending on your needs and budget. Some players will want their airsoft equipment to be an exact replica of that used by professional police or military units and brands like Blackhawk, 5.11, Oakley and Wiley X are the most popular with these players.
Of course these premium brands are built to military specifications and are more expensive than other brands available. At the more economical “entry level” price point brands like Webtex and Viper who manufacture Airsoft gear that will provide the functionality needed to play without breaking the bank.
Airsoft Clothing and Gear Basic Check List
Most players will have a staple list of items that they want to kit themselves out with:
• Airsoft Uniforms – a classic woodland dpm set is always very popular for the UK market, though you could expand this by buying in addition a desert camo version
• Red rags (for showing that you’ve been hit) and glow sticks
• A pair of solid boots. A good quality pair such as Haix, Lowas or Magnums are well worth spending the extra money on
• A hydration sack of some kind – whether a chest rig mounted one or one that comes with a plate carrier. You will be running around a lot so it is vitally important to keep hydrated
• If you are under 18 you must wear a paintball mask with full face coverage
• A radio or walkie talkie is mandatory. If you don’t have one and get lost, it could be hours before you are found!
• A good pair of gloves
• Safety glasses/goggles to keep your eyes protected
• A whistle is useful in case you get lost or injured
• A compass – usually only for emergencies
• Snacks – energy bars, nuts, fruit etc
• Some kind of tactical vest/chest harness to hold all your accessories such as water, magazines, food etc
• Last but not least an airsoft gun or an airsoft rifle with a couple of magazines
Airsoft Gear UK Available At Patrol Store
So whether you are wanting to purchase a pair of boots, gloves, glasses, tactical vest, compass, whistle or hydration bag, here at PatrolStore we stock a wide range of holsters, clothing, pouches, vests and belts from a selection of leading tactical brands all of which make great airsoft gear.
For great prices buy your Airsoft Tactical Gear UK at Patrol Store!
For more on the history click airsoft gear for further info.