How 2 Become - A Police Dog Handler: Book
The 'How To Become A Police Dog Handler' is a guide that will provide you with insider information on how to get one of the most sought after jobs within the Police Force! Full of insider tips and advice, and brought to you by a retired Police Dog Handler with 20 years experience, it will guide you through the selection process and help you to pass at the very first attempt!
Police dogs are crucial to a Police Officer's work. They carry out many essential tasks during their service as working dogs in the community. The police dog is a highly trained animal, many of which are German Shepherd Dogs. Although other breeds, such as Labradors and Spaniels, are used for their scenting abilities to locate drugs, arms and explosives. Doberman’s, Rottweilers and Weimaraners are also used for a variety of purposes.
Police dog handlers must be prepared to exercise and care for the dog whilst off duty. All police handlers need to be experienced police officers because you need to know the operational and legal implications about what you are doing at each incident and why. Obviously, you must be confident around dogs. There is an element of running and lifting your dog over fences, often whilst wearing boots and body armour, so you must be relatively fit.
"This job one of the most exciting and challenging careers that an individual can undertake within the police."
Give yourself every chance of success with this definitive guide that covers every part of the Police Dog Handler selection process.
MAIN PRODUCT FEATURES:
• About the role of a Police Dog Handler.
• Crucial advice on how to look after, and train, your dog.
• In depth knowledge to prepare you for your career.
• Free 'How to get Police Dog Handler fit' information guide.
• Essential advice from an experienced Dog handler.
TIPS FROM A SERVING POLICE DOG HANDLER
"Work hard and get a good few years' experience as a police constable before specialising; this will give you the insight and skills needed in dog handling. Other forces like the RAF and Army can train you to be a dog handler, but if you want to be out day-to-day on dog-handling operations, I would recommend a career with the police. This guide will show you EXACTLY how to become a Police Dog Handler."
'BECOME A POLICE DOG HANDLER'
TOPICS AND INFORMATION INCLUDED WITHIN THE GUIDE -
BECOMING A POLICE DOG HANDLER
• Information about the role of a Police Dog Handler.
• What the role involves, including working hours and conditions.
• Background information to the role.
• Vast amounts of information relating to the care of your dog.
• Training to become a Police Dog Handler.
• The training courses that you will go on.
• How to care for your dog and Police dog commands.
• The Criteria for becoming a Dog Handler.
• What the selectors are looking for.
• How to beat the competition.
• The different types of Police Dog.
• Your equipment.
• The day to day life of a working Dog Handler.
HOW TO PASS THE SELECTION PROCESS
• How and where to apply.
• Starting your application.
• The selection of Police Dog handlers.
• What the recruitment process involves.
• Completing the application form.
• What they look for during the suitability course.
• Entry routes available.
• Insider tips for experienced dog handlers.
• The Police Dog handler interview.
• Sample responses to the interview questions.
• Top Insider Tips and Hints to passing selection.
PLUS MANY MORE PAGES OF ESSENTIAL INFORMATION.
Brand How to Become Category Joining the Police Weight 0.12 KG Product Number H2BPDH
ReviewsWrite your reviewDelivery Information
In Stock orders placed before 15:00 online, or 14:30 over the phone, Monday-Friday will be dispatched same day. Please choose "Priority" shipping at the checkout for guaranteed next working day delivery or "Standard" for less urgent deliveries. Click for more details.UK Mainland Standard
Under £25 - Royal Mail 48 £2.99 £25 and over - Royal Mail 48 Tracked £5.99 Next Working Day £6.99
If you're not completely happy with your purchase, we'll give you a refund or replacement. Click for more details.